Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Every picture tells a story

"Spent some time feelin' inferior
standing in front of my mirror
Combed my hair in a thousand ways
but I came out looking just the same"
Rod Stewart - Every Picture Tells A Story

I remember back in 1973 going to see Rod Stewart and the Faces at Sunderland Mecca and the Sunderland AFC Team were on stage with them (at least I remember Billy Hughes was there). I recently discovered that it was a Geoff Docherty who I have to thank for booking such brilliant acts in those days, thanks Geoff.

Anyway, 31 years on I am trying out an 'attractor' of sorts at work whereby everyone is being invited to bring in their photographs especially those featuring group shots. We then intend to scan the best and circulate/produce a Photo Cd for all staff.

The essential intervention in all this however is the act of discussing the photos with friends and colleagues. My hope is that a greater sense of belonging (Cynefin in Welsh), both to English Nature and to each other, will emerge.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?